We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Resident Evil Revelations 2

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Leon95

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Postby Leon95 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:04 am

Is legitimate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFk-kfD4Jo

Suddle hints about characters & the like.

TerraSave seems to confirm Claire.

At one point there is a man in the back who looks a lot like Barry & he is talking to a woman who may be Rebecca (or a new character). Some speculate that REmake HD is a way for some to get familiarized with Barry and/or Rebecca.

There is a girl in the back near the beginning with long hair in her face. Many speculate she is Rachel, I think it may be Jessica (Capcom purposefully hiding her face) or a new character.

Note: These "main characters" are the only ones not wearing bracelets.

Silent Hell

Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2

Postby Silent Hell » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:40 am

Yay, zombies with weapons... AGAIN!

As if zombies weren't easy enough to kill in modern Resident Evil games. :))

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 am

Ah this! I hinted this in the biohazard remake thread. I would love to have claire in it, and zombies of course. I wonder who's the running kid portraying. Although I expect the view to be TPS, as it has always been, shame it wouldn't be fixed camera anymore.
props to alinho for the gif

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:03 am

I'm really looking forward to this. I pray that they include Raid Mode again, it was so much fun!
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

alinho

Postby alinho » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:31 am

Yay, zombies with weapons... AGAIN!

As if zombies weren't easy enough to kill in modern Resident Evil games. :))
They should make it like RE Outbreak's zombies. Respawning, always in crowds, needing like 20 bullets or so of handgun to die...

==EDIT==

About the trailer: There's a little girl there... Are they really gonna put Claire as a babysitter again?
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Leny

Postby Leny » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:19 am

Lmao Where is Resident Evil 2 Remake? I guess they don't care about the fans anymore. I mean Resident Evil 1 remake feels and looks like a different game with add on's. Why don't you just die Capcom after releasing Revelations then. :)

Mrox2

Postby Mrox2 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 am

The door opening sequence is a very nice throw back, even though this is a teaser.
Either a prequel, but again Rachel would have died if this was a prequel, maybe the one that died on the Zenobia was a clone ? :)) or maybe capcom is just trolling, otherwise I hope to see more Rachel, she was unique, with that hair. Racehl Lady seems to be holding a plat in her hands ? or is it a gun ? :)
Claire yes, hopefully in TGS she will make her full debut.
There are other returning characters too :)
Those arm bands are like an infection meter.
There is a painting of a cruise ship, Zenobia ?
The place shifts from a luxury looking place to a prison...

CAPCOM was probably planning to make the game a surprise at TGS but since that leak they decided to throw this teaser, but GAMEPLAY and real trailer will be TGS Only ! :D
Lmao Where is Resident Evil 2 Remake? I guess they don't care about the fans anymore. I mean Resident Evil 1 remake feels and looks like a different game with add on's. Why don't you just die Capcom after releasing Revelations then. :)
Nobody wants a cheap REmake, its not as easy as saying, in fact they have to add more to a REmake, RE3 Should be added along considering its one of the main plots of raccoon city that happens even before RE2 and after it, also considering Shinji Mikami was obsessed with calling the game 1.9 even in the code it is, and he was going to make it an RE2 Expansion at first, so yeah, should be both in one game, mashup + other survivor's scenarios should be playable, like Ben, Lucia, Marvin ?, Ada, Sherry,....
Arab, Gay, ADHD, Ex-Muslim (born and raised, practiced for 23 years and left this cult, which, in official capacity the apostasia = death).

Insta: Jacob.mm2, Telegram: Jacob.mm2

Leny

Postby Leny » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:52 am

The door opening sequence is a very nice throw back, even though this is a teaser.
Either a prequel, but again Rachel would have died if this was a prequel, maybe the one that died on the Zenobia was a clone ? :)) or maybe capcom is just trolling, otherwise I hope to see more Rachel, she was unique, with that hair. Racehl Lady seems to be holding a plat in her hands ? or is it a gun ? :)

CAPCOM was probably planning to make the game a surprise at TGS but since that leak they decided to throw this teaser, but GAMEPLAY and real trailer will be TGS Only ! :D
Nobody wants a cheap REmake, its not as easy as saying, in fact they have to add more to a REmake, RE3 Should be added along considering its one of the main plots of raccoon city that happens even before RE2 and after it, also considering Shinji Mikami was obsessed with calling the game 1.9 even in the code it is, and he was going to make it an RE2 Expansion at first, so yeah, should be both in one game, mashup + other survivor's scenarios should be playable, like Ben, Lucia, Marvin ?, Ada, Sherry,....
Resident Evil 1 1996 and Resident Evil Remake 2002, was the best remake Capcom has ever done in the series. On top of that it was way better than the crappy remake and add on's from Street Fighter 2. I know the game is almost the same but Resident Evil 1 Remake had almost all the puzzles changed, different weapons and locations,etc,etc. It felt like a different game so I don't got nothing against that. What I am against is porting the fucking game from1 console to another which is bullshit, so don't rub on my face. As soon as this game is done it will probably not be released on the Nintendo consoles which is going to en flame many people. Also, this game might revive Capcom or might destroy it, I for one will not buy this new.

Leon95

Postby Leon95 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:25 pm

That's what I'm afraid of. They're just going to make Claire into a broken record from "Sherry, sherry, where's Sherry, I need to find Sherry!"

To "Steve, Steve, Where's Steve, I need to find Steve!"

"rani, rani, noooo Rani!"

I absolutely love Claire but it's like Capcom has no idea what to do with her unless their is a child of sorts involved. Hopefully the girl is unrelated or at least doesn't play the role we are used to.

LynchyGod

Postby LynchyGod » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Look at 1:00, the people who look like Rebecca and Barry disappear as the other people start to change into zombies. So maybe we will find out what happened to them after RE1 as well as what Claire is up to now. I just hope it isn't too far back into the RE timeline, on Claire's part at least. I would like to see a modern version of her.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Infection meter? Or method of administering the virus?

Mrox2

Postby Mrox2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:39 am

Resident Evil 1 1996 and Resident Evil Remake 2002, was the best remake Capcom has ever done in the series. On top of that it was way better than the crappy remake and add on's from Street Fighter 2. I know the game is almost the same but Resident Evil 1 Remake had almost all the puzzles changed, different weapons and locations,etc,etc. It felt like a different game so I don't got nothing against that. What I am against is porting the fucking game from1 console to another which is bullshit, so don't rub on my face. As soon as this game is done it will probably not be released on the Nintendo consoles which is going to en flame many people. Also, this game might revive Capcom or might destroy it, I for one will not buy this new.
You are very self entitled, RE didn't start on Nintendo if anything, it should be PS Exclusive and CAPCOM can just change the name. :))

Yes the REmake is good, but CAPCOM doesn't apparently want to touch RE2/3 for a reason, though if they want they should do a mashup, this REmake HD is worth the money for me, I first did not have a Gamecube, didn't want to pirate it and play on EMU, the HD Version looks very very much better, and even if I had the game I would buy it to support classic REturn, why didn't I see you complain about those many stupid RE4 HD releases with "NO BIG DEAL" Changes ? same goes for all the idiots out there.
Look at 1:00, the people who look like Rebecca and Barry disappear as the other people start to change into zombies. So maybe we will find out what happened to them after RE1 as well as what Claire is up to now. I just hope it isn't too far back into the RE timeline, on Claire's part at least. I would like to see a modern version of her.
Exactly, me too, otherwise that will be sad to play as its set far back, hopefully that Rachel means something in the mean time :))
Arab, Gay, ADHD, Ex-Muslim (born and raised, practiced for 23 years and left this cult, which, in official capacity the apostasia = death).

Insta: Jacob.mm2, Telegram: Jacob.mm2

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:06 pm

It's Rachael's clone Carlita.

Sunandmoon

Postby Sunandmoon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:39 am

well it was only a matter of time

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/28/ ... ansactions

I know the article just talks about the gem thing in raid mode only, but I have to wonder if that's truly the extend of the microtransactions this game will have

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:50 am

well it was only a matter of time

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/28/ ... ansactions

I know the article just talks about the gem thing in raid mode only, but I have to wonder if that's truly the extend of the microtransactions this game will have
This doesn't bother me at all. The only reason you would use these "life crystals" is if you are continuously dying. Just play well and this shouldn't be an issue. If anything, this actually puts an emphasis on surviving even more since there is greater punishment for death. I adore that in games. Besides, you can earn these by just playing the game normally so it's not like you're locked out of content. Lots of people like to jump on the microtransaction hate bandwagon. I, myself, don't indulge nor am I trying to defend Capcom. I just don't see why there is the constant desire to get worked up over this kind of stuff.

Microtransactions can be good, take H1Z1 for example. It's a survival game similar to DayZ where you can pay for "air drop tickets" which are used to have a plane drop in a crate of supplies. The crate is up for grabs for whoever on the map can make it there first and be the lucky one to fight off the rest of the other players and survive. In this kind of example of microtransactions, I would love for people to buy them. Sure, there are some games that do microtransactions poorly, but what I am getting at is that they are not always some kind of devil spawn that should be burnt at the stake.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Return to “News”