We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

short notes for those not reading all the forums
T-King-667

Re: Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

Postby T-King-667 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:23 pm

Regardless of what this title ends up being Outbreak related or not I am happy in a weird way with how the community as a whole has responded to Project resistance. Everyone from IGN to WhatCulture gaming to Gameranx all the way down to several smaller youtubers (That I've seen at least) All seem to believe that this is an Outbreak related title or in the same vein at least. Does this mean anything in regards to Resistance being OB related? No but it did seem like not 5 years ago the majority of RE fans didn't even know what the hell Outbreak was and now it's what seems like the most popular assumption. top comments on Social media like Youtube or Reddit tends to be clamoring for it, as well.

Where the hell did all of these people come from?

Ada

Postby Ada » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:22 am

Yeah it is quite funny how they all came out of nowhere. After seeing the first images it's not that surprising though, because it looks like the closest thing to Outbreak that Capcom has announced in years. One influential website must have called it and everybody else followed, probably. I'm happy as well because I don't think Outbreak popped up that much in the search results in a very long time lol.

Even if this game is a new Outbreak I remain cautiously optimistic. After the creative liberties they took to remake RE2 I don't expect any remake or old RE inspired game to be close to the original game.
The characters themselves look fairly different so even if they went through the old materials to get inspiration for this game, I think the whole contents of the game will be completely different.

Mango

Postby Mango » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:07 am

lets hope its an outbreak game BUT!... dont forget we dont know if it was made by capcom's studios.. if not expect a terrible disaster just like umbrella corps (wich i will never accept as a game) ''also its what i call it a filler game'' meaning capcom needs to raise cash for their next big project (and whatever that might be) so expect massive lootbox content and dlc...

I generaly have no problems with anything but only for Capcom to have developed the game if its another studio we are screwed

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:31 am

Your tongue in cheek pictures of RE2make don't mean jack when you consider all of those characters LOOK THEIR AGE. Kevin is supposed to be 31, not early 20's. And each character looks their part in RE2. Alyssa being a reporter is definitely not reflected in that photo. Screenshot this and save this so I can kill myself when I'm wrong.

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:09 am

Your tongue in cheek pictures of RE2make don't mean jack when you consider all of those characters LOOK THEIR AGE. Kevin is supposed to be 31, not early 20's. And each character looks their part in RE2. Alyssa being a reporter is definitely not reflected in that photo. Screenshot this and save this so I can kill myself when I'm wrong.
I'm not saying those characters are the Outbreak cast, I'm just making a point that "looking like their original counterparts" means jack to Capcom, since they disrespected just about anyone who wasn't named Leon or Ada in the name of "U L T I M A T E - R E A L I S M"

And since we're talking about characters not looking their age...

Ada

Postby Ada » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Oh yes, if the game is not being developed by Capcom, we can expect the worst, unfortunately. Let's hope for the best, fingers crossed. Lol.

Silent Hell : The guy in the Raccoon jacket could also be an entirely new character, if they decided to add more characters to the original cast. Maybe they decided to mix characters we know with new ones, especially if they decided to "reinvent" Outbreak, to make us understand the new direction they decided to take, which is not a remake but more like a new game with strong Outbreak inspirations.

If this guy turns out to be Kevin, I think there's no problem with his age, he doesn't look 20 at all, actually. He could very well be 30. The problem is the jacket :))

And there is this guy claiming he has heard a year ago that there would be a multiplayer 4v1 mode in the RE3 remake. He's supposing that either they turned that idea into a full game separate from RE3, or this Project Resistance coud be Capcom's "sneaky way of revealing RE3". I don't like this because if it's true, that means they didn't intend at first to make a new Outbreak game and the game is less likely to resemble it.
On a better note he claims the game has a strong budget and is built on the RE Engine. But he also says, if I understand correctly, that another studio is developing RE3, and he's making assumptions that the same team also developed the Project Resistance game.
I have no idea who he is and if there could be some truth to everything he said, but I don't like this very much.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Look closely at both the "Kevin" And "Alyssa" in question. Both easily look like they're pushing their 30's. It's also very much possible that they're just scrapping/rebuilding the characters from the ground up because face tech.

One last thing to take note of: Similar to Outbreak file 1, this game very much could take place in a casual setting at the start of the outbreak like a club, bar, festival, or maybe even a football match (referencing the reporter in file one talking about an incident at a football game) except this time the characters actually took 8 minutes to go home and change out of their work attire prior to doing so. Because it still baffles me how literally none of the OB characters (Aside from Cindy of course) took the time to change prior to going out for drinks I mean Kevin drinking in uniform? God damn.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Isn't Ben supposed to be mid 30's? Looks fine to me.

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:52 pm

He's officially 26.

Godot

Postby Godot » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:36 pm

He's officially 26.
I had a teacher who looked exactly like Ben from RE2make, and he's like 50. Feels bad.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:51 pm

Some people age better, I guess. lol

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:17 pm

And since we're talking about characters not looking their age...
Another ginger erased from pop culture!
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:20 pm

Two theories:
A) This is an Outbreak spiritual successor.
B) This is Outbreak and these are the redesigns for Yoko, Jim, Kevin & Alyssa.
I think you are right on both points, each character vaguely resembles their OB counterpart.
Both female protagonists also have similar stances to their presumed original Outbreak counterparts in-game.

Another thing worth noting is who has what weapon. The Alyssa in question has the handgun which both her and Kevin were good with, the "Jim" has a baseball bat which of course in File 2 Jim was a very good melee character, the "Yoko" seems to have a stick/2X4 since she's not a combat character and is strictly support it makes sense giving her the lowest denominator weapon. And the David/Kevin/George/whoever the hell it is lead is wearing dogtags and has a shotgun. So assuming that they do carry over RPG elements from the original games that character is probably good with 2H firearms because of military background.

Just an additional observation whilst waiting till the 9th.

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:11 am

One last thing to take note of: Similar to Outbreak file 1, this game very much could take place in a casual setting at the start of the outbreak like a club, bar, festival, or maybe even a football match (referencing the reporter in file one talking about an incident at a football game) except this time the characters actually took 8 minutes to go home and change out of their work attire prior to doing so. Because it still baffles me how literally none of the OB characters (Aside from Cindy of course) took the time to change prior to going out for drinks I mean Kevin drinking in uniform? God damn.
I think you're onto something here. I think the possibility of these characters being an additional spin off story of Outbreak and retelling the events of the Raccoon sharks but as the high school characters and much more is something neat!

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:27 pm

september 9th is taking forever Image
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

Return to “News”