We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

The Outbreak servers are open source.

short notes for those not reading all the forums
biel14042

Re: Plans to go open source

Postby biel14042 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:57 pm

sup guys i need help, i was trying to make a server by the .ova image and i can not connect the game, i opened all the port on setup.txt. can be my internet? i have 0.50 of upload :( :( :(
Screenshot_22.png
error
Screenshot_22.png (92.13 KiB) Viewed 111938 times

Ji29

Postby Ji29 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Sadly I cant understand Japanese!

Ill assume you are using Emulator, Did you change your DNS to your server IP? We need a little more information about your settings, Is your server outputting anything?

@hobbes_182

Are you able to upload a RPI SD image by any chance? Im struggling to roll my own outside of the OVA image!

Cheers

DeltaTriangle

Postby DeltaTriangle » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:53 pm

That image says "Server connection failed, would you like to reconnect?" ;)

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:45 pm

sup guys i need help, i was trying to make a server by the .ova image and i can not connect the game, i opened all the port on setup.txt. can be my internet? i have 0.50 of upload :( :( :( Screenshot_22.png
It says something like "Server could not connect. Try to connect again?"

Are you on Discord? Join the official obsrv Discord server. My username is the same there as here. I can try and help you with the same things Refan988 helped me fix to get mine running. I am in the process of making a tutorial of the whole process, but not finished yet.

darkzero2835

Postby darkzero2835 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:47 pm

WOW that's great! you're the best guys!

hobbes_182

Postby hobbes_182 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:37 am

Sadly I cant understand Japanese!

Ill assume you are using Emulator, Did you change your DNS to your server IP? We need a little more information about your settings, Is your server outputting anything?

@hobbes_182

Are you able to upload a RPI SD image by any chance? Im struggling to roll my own outside of the OVA image!

Cheers
I'm currently stuck on both a Pi 4 and Debian 10 on a desktop.

On the desktop, it seems that Debian 9 works best for more users according to the posts.

Does anyone know what the equivalent is for a Pi 4 (of Debian 9). I tried the (then latest image of Raspian).

Or would anyone have an image which could run on a Pi4? Would love to get this running on it.

karorogunso

Postby karorogunso » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi anyone here open a OBSRV server with ubuntu os yet?

I follow a pdf and doing a couple thing and I stuck at

Code: Select all

$ wget --no-check-certificate -O - https://gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org/gai-gw/v2.5_i-connect --2020-09-24 22:30:44-- https://gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org/gai-gw/v2.5_i-connect Resolving gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org (gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org)... 43.***.***.*** Connecting to gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org (gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org)|43.***.***.***|:443... connected. OpenSSL: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure Unable to establish SSL connection.
And module of apache on the list is enable, httpd.conf is okay

Code: Select all

<IfModule ssl_module> Listen *:443 SSLEngine on # nail it to the securest cipher PS2 understands DHE-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA # check this with openssl SSLCipherSuite DHE:!DSS:!AES:!SEED:!CAMELLIA!TLSv1.2 SSLCertificateFile /etc/dnas/cert-jp.pem SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/dnas/cert-jp-key.pem SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/dnas/ca-cert.pem ServerName gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost DocumentRoot /var/www/dnas <Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None </Directory> <Directory "/var/www/dnas"> Options -Indexes Require all granted </Directory> # rewrite some URLs RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(/.*)/v2\.5_i-connect$ $1/connect.php [PT] RewriteRule ^(/.*)/i-connect$ $1/connect.php [PT] RewriteRule ^(/.*)/v2\.5_d-connect$ $1/connect.php [PT] RewriteRule ^(/.*)/v2\.5_others$ $1/others.php [PT] RewriteRule ^(/.*)/others$ $1/others.php [PT] # send this to php-fpm socket (needs write access!) <FilesMatch "\.php$"> SetHandler "proxy:unix:/var/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock|fcgi://127.0.0.1" </FilesMatch> ErrorLog /opt/apache/logs/dnas_error.log # Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit, alert, emerg. LogLevel warn CustomLog /opt/apache/logs/dnas_access.log combined <FilesMatch "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php)$"> SSLOptions +StdEnvVars </FilesMatch> <Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin> SSLOptions +StdEnvVars </Directory> # we need to downgrade protocol for the DNAS browser BrowserMatch "open sesame asdfjkl" \ nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \ downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0 </IfModule>

Also some info for someone who doing the same.
Make sure disable "systemd-resolved" before install dnsmasq
Contact me with discord karorogunso#9158

hill73n

Postby hill73n » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:25 am

Mod edit 6/28/23, Isles487: Add UDP 53, we need this for DNS. Specify TCP for the other ports.

Going to put this here for now since this where the other info on this topic already is.

For those interested, here is a text file tutorial of setting up your own server using the VirtualBox image that refan988 (i think?) exported and posted earlier in this thread.

If there are any errors in my info here pls let me know and i'll amend it. I am not super knowledgeable when it comes to modern technology because this stuff was not around in common usage until long after i finished high school so bear with me. However I am usually very good at clearly explaining things in simple terms so that others can understand and hopefully easily follow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to set up your own private Biohazard Outbreak server to play online
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you need:

1. Your public IPv4 address https://www.whatismyip.com/

2. VirtualBox Manager https://www.oracle.com/virtualization/t ... loads.html

3. OutbreakServerGUI.ova https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kBbvdS ... XPxh7/view

The best (?) order to set everything up:

Step 1
Get Your Public IPv4 address

Simply go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and make a note of Your Public IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx that is displayed.
This will be your server address just like the obsrv.org server address is 173.198.207.99

[Note: this is NOT your PC's IP address. I made this error and had to get help to correct some settings.]

Step 2
Install VirtualBox Manager

Download from https://www.oracle.com/virtualization/t ... loads.html and install it.

Step 3
Install the OutbreakServerGUI

Download the OutbreakServerGUI.ova from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kBbvdS ... XPxh7/view

Click File -> Import Appliance and select the OutbreakServerGUI.ova that you just downloaded. Click Next -> Import.

It should install automatically.

Step 4
Set up OutbreakServerGUI

Run VirtualBox Manager (if you don't still have it running) and double-click the OutbreakServer that you just installed there.

When the OutbreakServer has finished booting up you need open the file named Setup.txt and follow the instructions.

Step 5
Set up Port Forwarding

You need to set up Port forwarding rules for TCP Ports 443,8200,8300,8590,8690 and UDP port 53.

Go to your router/modem's settings webpage (for me typing http://mymodem into my web browser automatically takes me there, but this will probably be different for other people).

You should find your router/modem login and password noted on your physical router device so look for a sticker near the cable sockets.

The format of entering settings appears to vary considerably between ISPs (Internet Service Providers).

With mine i had to create a separate Port Forwarding rule for each of the 5 ports that need to be opened.

Some others may let you create 1 rule and you can enter all 5 port numbers separated by commas.

The rule name is whatever you want to call it (I simply named mine "OubreakServer1", "OutbreakServer2", etc)

In my case i had to enter a rule name for each port, select "TCP" from a dropdown box, enter the port number in the WLAN and LAN boxes and the IP address for your emulated RaspberryPi OutbreakServerGUI that is running in VirtualBox.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! The IP address that you use in the Port Forwarding rule/s is the VirtualBox RasperryPi IP address. Make sure you are running the server so you will see it on your router page.

This can be really confusing to know which IP address you need to put where which is why i'm trying to make this very clear!

In order to see your OutbreakServerGUI RasperryPi device IP address you need to have it running currently. It should be displayed on your mymodem home webpage i mentioned above. I think it should be the same as your PC's IP address except the last digits will be different.

Contact your particular ISP to find out how to open ports if you are like me and not technically minded.

Step 6
Playing on the Private Server

The DNS1 IP in PCSX2 CLR-DEV9 plugin needs to be set to 192.0.2.1

Do this by going to Config -> Dev9 -> Plugin settings -> Ethernet Options then uncheck the Auto box and type 192.0.2.1

There is a section of code that needs to be pasted into the CLR-DEV9.ini file in PCSX2 over <Hosts>..</Hosts>.

Replace the "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in between the 2 <IP>..</IP> with your IPv4 address which you got from https://www.whatismyip.com/

NOTE!: I have pasted the code below here but it loses the TAB formating in this forum post so copy and paste it directly from this file https://mega.nz/file/qEolTaBR#8L6BBUDPC ... k1E_qnlU44

<Hosts>
<ConfigHost>
<Desc>Outbreak Login</Desc>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<IP>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</IP>
<URL>www01.kddi-mmbb.jp</URL>
</ConfigHost>
<ConfigHost>
<Desc>Outbreak DNAS</Desc>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<IP>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</IP>
<URL>gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org</URL>
</ConfigHost>
</Hosts>

biel14042

Postby biel14042 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:32 pm

sup guys i need help, i was trying to make a server by the .ova image and i can not connect the game, i opened all the port on setup.txt. can be my internet? i have 0.50 of upload :( :( :( Screenshot_22.png
It says something like "Server could not connect. Try to connect again?"

Are you on Discord? Join the official obsrv Discord server. My username is the same there as here. I can try and help you with the same things Refan988 helped me fix to get mine running. I am in the process of making a tutorial of the whole process, but not finished yet.
NICE we can try this

Rita:B

Postby Rita:B » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:44 am

Difficult but not impossible!

Thanks for sharing the server code for both File 1 and 2. I'm planning to do something that might as well be very dumb without contextualizing the whys of it (can't give too much away aside from saying the interest is purely academical and for professional experience), but I want to port this to a (eventually) serverless system inside one of the big cloud providers. This also includes ditching MySQL for a flatter Non-Relational DB structure like DynamoDB for instance.

Only thing that worries me is A: HTTP 1.0 and B: Weak Cyphers. Now I'll be honest here and admit that I'm not that experienced in hosting web servers in practice despite knowing a lot about cloud services... I've always been an "API consumer" guy on the dev side of things. The A and B combo worries me mainly because of server security ("Keep an eye on the used SSL-ciphers, most of them are weak and you should harden your webserver").

I don't really plan to actually make a public-facing server that works 24/7 -- but I do want to test it out for fun for some periods of time, plus I also plan to give back to the community my code and configurations if this helps improve or make hosting OBSRV more cost effective (aka cheaper). So it at least has to be secure in theory. What steps should I take to harden my server? I take that the cypher issue is only when dealing with the server that runs apache/php which serves the webpages on the in-game browser.

Well I have almost zero experience with backends that aren't RESTful related, so it's going to be a fun journey to figure out exactly what the code is doing, but again, difficult but not impossible. From what I could gather it seems doable enough. Thanks again for making the code public!

biel14042

Postby biel14042 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:20 pm

it just works
download.png
oh my
download.png (254.09 KiB) Viewed 108110 times

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:36 pm

Only thing that worries me is A: HTTP 1.0 and B: Weak Cyphers.
And this is something you cannot get around easily. Outbreak's network API ist so ancient that it is not able to use modern ciphers. So if you're using an unmodified PS2 and original discs, you'll have to deal with http 1.0 and weak ciphers. Something I doubt a modern cloud service would let you use.

So what are the options?

First thing could be to combine a cheap VPS supporting the weak ciphers for managing DNAS and login and then hand over to the cloud based lobby and game servers. The source code is not prepared to support multiple lobby servers and multiple game servers, but it should be easy to implement.

Second possibility is to patch the game to completely skip DNAS and use plain unencrypted http on a different port than 80 (just to be sure) for the login. You'd need to add a simple http handler to the source code and support for multiple lobby and/or game servers.

Third idea would be to create a proxy program running at each players' home to tunnel all the Outbreak traffic to your service. The proxy could take weak traffic and secure it.

No matter which way you choose, I wish you luck. Keep us updated ;)

Lucifer

Postby Lucifer » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:41 am

Hello people, I was trying to setup a private server just for fun.
I can login/signup, create a room, but when a press on Start Game, just after the Start Game screen, it goes black and this error appears :
CLR_DEV9:TCPSession Error: 11200 : TCP Connection Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [::ffff:198.48.166.36]:8690
CLR_DEV9:TCPSession Error: 11200 : ErrorCode: 10060

I tried with local ip and public ip (with port forwarded).
What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you for your help, and for bringing this games to his resurrecton ! :eek: :eek:

Is there any documentation for the code ? I would try to understand it, being a computer science student :rolleyes:

SOLVED: I solved by applying the patch for "loading screen stuck" found in the forum : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gmJKq2 ... qE8CF/view

Rita:B

Postby Rita:B » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Only thing that worries me is A: HTTP 1.0 and B: Weak Cyphers.
And this is something you cannot get around easily. Outbreak's network API ist so ancient that it is not able to use modern ciphers. So if you're using an unmodified PS2 and original discs, you'll have to deal with http 1.0 and weak ciphers. Something I doubt a modern cloud service would let you use.

So what are the options?

First thing could be to combine a cheap VPS supporting the weak ciphers for managing DNAS and login and then hand over to the cloud based lobby and game servers. The source code is not prepared to support multiple lobby servers and multiple game servers, but it should be easy to implement.

Second possibility is to patch the game to completely skip DNAS and use plain unencrypted http on a different port than 80 (just to be sure) for the login. You'd need to add a simple http handler to the source code and support for multiple lobby and/or game servers.

Third idea would be to create a proxy program running at each players' home to tunnel all the Outbreak traffic to your service. The proxy could take weak traffic and secure it.

No matter which way you choose, I wish you luck. Keep us updated ;)
Yeah I'm kinda sad about it because I swear I read that AWS API Gateway supported HTTP/1.0 somewhere. Seems like it only supports 1.1 onwards, and ELB supports even 0.9 but upconverts to 1.1 internally so no 1.0 response allowed. :(

Second possibility seems the least silly option but I don't know... it will still be cool to try porting the game servers to another language though using option 1 for the web browser pages, so the project lives on. Kinda. :))

hobbes_182

Postby hobbes_182 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:33 pm

Hey guys, quick question.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

So once everything is up and running, what would I need to look into to have users log in with phpbb forum credentials?

I have a phpbb forum, I would like to have users log in with their forum username and password. :)

Return to “News”