The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 1/2/15)

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
User avatar
Isles487
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:10 pm

The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ (Updated 1/2/15)

Postby Isles487 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Last Updated 1/2/15: The FAQ has been moved to the wiki.

Most recent update: added additional information and Hardware Requirements page to the wiki. Clarified that users may use consoles from different regions.

Also added a HDD Mode explanation to clarify the difference between the in-game HDD mode and programs such as "OPL" and "HDLoader."

User avatar
GhostMissile
Full Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby GhostMissile » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks For this...Pretty Informative...I liked the part about VH games 8)
Image

User avatar
Isles487
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby Isles487 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:38 pm

GhostMissile wrote:Thanks For this...Pretty Informative...I liked the part about VH games 8)


No problem! I speak from experience. I probably annoyed a few players when I first hopped into Outbreak and knew nothing. But I had a great time once I started on easy/normal and worked my way up. You'll learn the ins and outs of the levels, the strategies, and the characters that way. By the time you're ready to play on VH, you'll be able to contribute to the team and it will be an exhilarating experience.

TrueLolzor
Sr. Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:49 am

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby TrueLolzor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:49 pm

I was surprised new players even allowed into the hard/very hard modes. I thought network is tied to a single player and if you hand't unlocked a difficulty - you can't play it online. I've never been so wrong.

User avatar
XWeskerLeonX
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:39 am

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby XWeskerLeonX » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:54 pm

thanks for the information!
ID Resident Evil Outbreak Server: XWeskerX

Image

LynchyGod
Sr. Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:04 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby LynchyGod » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Isles487 wrote:Do not join Very Hard games. You will only annoy veteran players and you will not learn how to play at higher difficulties. Find other new users and play at either the easy or normal difficulty settings until you are able to contribute at higher difficulties.

In order to discern the difficulty of a game, press R1 at the character select screen.


Thank you so much for posting this part. As fun as it it is to help new players when I host normal games, I really
don't like having to disband my rooms when people with less than hour of play or 25% survival rate join on VH...

@TrueLolzor, new players can play any difficulties and even host any difficulty. All they can't do is host the levels they haven't unlocked yet.
Image

User avatar
Isles487
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby Isles487 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:59 pm

LynchyGod wrote:
Isles487 wrote:Do not join Very Hard games. You will only annoy veteran players and you will not learn how to play at higher difficulties. Find other new users and play at either the easy or normal difficulty settings until you are able to contribute at higher difficulties.

In order to discern the difficulty of a game, press R1 at the character select screen.


Thank you so much for posting this part. As fun as it it is to help new players when I host normal games, I really
don't like having to disband my rooms when people with less than hour of play or 25% survival rate join on VH...

@TrueLolzor, new players can play any difficulties and even host any difficulty. All they can't do is host the levels they haven't unlocked yet.


Exactly. It's not that veteran players are trying to be "exclusive," it's just that a new player will be overwhelmed and will cause problems on higher difficulty levels. Unless you have a USB keyboard, it's hard to convey these concerns when someone joins.

TrueLolzor
Sr. Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:49 am

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby TrueLolzor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:19 pm

LynchyGod wrote:@TrueLolzor, new players can play any difficulties and even host any difficulty. All they can't do is host the levels they haven't unlocked yet.
Yeah, I know. Thats was kinda the point of my post.

User avatar
Edihnori
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 am

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby Edihnori » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Out of curiosity, what previously unknown major bugs emerged from the open beta? Is it the events list not synching properly or did other oddities pop up with the server under heavy load ?

User avatar
Isles487
Sr. Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby Isles487 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Edihnori wrote:Out of curiosity, what previously unknown major bugs emerged from the open beta? Is it the events list not synching properly or did other oddities pop up with the server under heavy load ?


At this point, mostly related to the server crashing under heavy load. The event list is actually complete- as in we don't think there's anything else we can do to improve it- the times when the event lists don't come through are much rarer than before and we are completely emulating the original server behavior.

User avatar
Hiroshirou
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:21 am

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby Hiroshirou » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:18 am

Could we get some details on the spec of the server used to host the game?
HNid: bald
Main: PS2 SCPH-30001 with 500gb 7200rpm Seagate FMCB + HDLoader .8c
Backup: PS2 SCPH-50003 with 40gb FFXI HDD + FMBC + HDLoader .8c

3570k@4.5ghz 1.21v / 8GB DDR3 / 7950 3GBDDR5

User avatar
the_fog
Sr. Member
Posts: 2101
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:47 pm
Location: The Hive
Contact:

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby the_fog » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:55 pm

I updated the FAQ (DNAS and ID registration).
difficult but not impossible...

User avatar
Gandi
Full Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby Gandi » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:07 am

Since my post regarding the DEV9 mac problem is being linked in the FAQ (a post I'm incapable of editing) I'd like to add on that regard the edited versions of the DEV9giga_razi.dll: http://puu.sh/4Q6nM
I'm still not exactly sure what the difference between this and DEV9ghzdrk.dll are, but in case anyone experiences less freezes with this one I thought it should be worth mentioning at least.

User avatar
the_fog
Sr. Member
Posts: 2101
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:47 pm
Location: The Hive
Contact:

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby the_fog » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:35 am

Gandi wrote:Since my post regarding the DEV9 mac problem is being linked in the FAQ (a post I'm incapable of editing) I'd like to add on that regard the edited versions of the DEV9giga_razi.dll: http://puu.sh/4Q6nM
I'm still not exactly sure what the difference between this and DEV9ghzdrk.dll are, but in case anyone experiences less freezes with this one I thought it should be worth mentioning at least.

I added the link to your original post.
difficult but not impossible...

User avatar
Gandi
Full Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: The Comprehensive Outbreak Server FAQ

Postby Gandi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:07 am

Thank you! :)


Return to “Introduction”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron