We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hey, hey !

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Pshfrk

Hey, hey !

Postby Pshfrk » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Hey, knew about the project looong ago, but I didn't have any means to join and play. That's changed, though !
I know it works (thanks for the tutorials) but I've been waiting to play with a friend so I don't know what to do each scenario (I played the games, alright, but I was young, didn't go past normal and I barely remember anything) I like Cindy and read that infamous Yoko+Cindy thread so, I guess I'll wait until I get the handle of things before venturing into playing with strangers !

Thanks for making this server a reality, I always loved Outbreak and wanted to play it online ☆ ~

LightElementa

Re: Hey, hey !

Postby LightElementa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Welcome to the fun!

You don't have to totally avoid playing with strangers--we have some players (myself included) that don't mind playing with and helping the less-experienced. That's how I learned to git gud, at least. Basically, people just prefer you stay out of Hard or VH lobbies until you're able to handle yourself proficiently.

At any rate, I look forward to playing with you sometime!
Just starting out here on this fanmade server, but i've had both Outbreaks for several years.

ID: Authen
Current Preferred Difficulty: HARD or VERY HARD (I don't have the item layouts memorized 100%)

ultima132

Postby ultima132 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:21 am

I like Cindy and read that infamous Yoko+Cindy thread so, I guess I'll wait until I get the handle of things before venturing into playing with strangers !
That post was toxic af! Play who you want and how you want, the only way to learn is through mistakes!
If anyone bitches at you through the SB, (because there are quite a few bitchy users) throw em on your ignore list and play!

If you see me online, don't hesitate to throw a message because I'm always willing to play with newbies :)

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:46 pm

9_9

I used to hoard herbs as Cindy until I was shamed into healing people. Some things people can't improve on without having their "feels" hurt. My "feels" got better.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

blackcat

Postby blackcat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:52 am

True, you can play with whoever you want. My advice would be to master the dodges and some characters and you shall be fine! I Used to play on easy mode only, but I mastered the characters by then which made Vh mode a walk in the park lol. Then again, I used to only follow the experts. It payed off tho!

Pshfrk

Postby Pshfrk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Haha, thanks everyone
I'm trying to be conscious to not hoard the herbs, but usually in this game if you make a mistake it tends to snowball into a spiral of death, so I apologize in advance if you're in the same game as I am.

I'll keep at it, then .

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:41 am

If you're really a noob, I think good advice is try to avoid picking fights & follow someone who seems to know what they're doing. Everything respawns anyway.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Pshfrk

Postby Pshfrk » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:31 am

If you're really a noob, I think good advice is try to avoid picking fights & follow someone who seems to know what they're doing. Everything respawns anyway.
Found people on discord that are being very kind and patient to me, and also duoing with a friend so far ! It's going great c:

Return to “Introduction”