We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

I'm... not dead yet! (Branagh, 1998)

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Mackenzie

I'm... not dead yet! (Branagh, 1998)

Postby Mackenzie » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:07 pm

Who are you? Why did you come here?
HI!, Salut!

Mackenzie here, you guys have probably seen me watching Twitch.tv streams (if that's how you found out about the servers). I'm a huge outbreak fan (basically we all are), and I heard about the game ever since a friend told me about it, and it wasn't until I reached middle school that I came to know about the game (I've been addicted ever since).

After doing some quick youtube searches about outbreak, I came across several ones that showcased some plans for online servers. I actually forgot whether it was a google search or youtube one that lead me directly to this site.

Twitch?
It's a site where most gamers, casual, MLG, and whatnot stream, I really had fun watching and chilling with people on chat. I even met a lot of outbreak players that I saw from youtube there (by "met" I meant, talked to in the stream chat). Krw and dchaps to name a few.

2013? That Early? Did you get to beta test?
No, of course not! (but I learned to accept why...)

So basically I've been hyped to play the private servers ever since 2013 (It's been a long time). I wanted to try the servers since day 1 release of file 2 and even wanted to volunteer as a beta tester [but could not because of lack of commitment]; I was thankful not to (to be honest) as it turns out I couldn't make a stable connection with the server (it usually tells me that the username/password is wrong bla bla). I met fellow beta tester (as we are all called in the forum) Gandi who was very knowledgeable about much of the things concerning network configuration, so I asked him about my problem, and it wasn't until this month that I checked my inbox which revealed something really special (I couldn't contain myself even if I wasn't able to log-in to the lobby yet).

Losing HOPE? Almost, but not quite...:
Fellow beta tester Gandi was kind enough to tell me about the recent discoveries on how people who have a modem-router configuration cannot access the servers, and it was also that same time that I read his message that my family was able to have our modem-router changed to a newer one. So I'm really thankful to have been told of the awesome news by Gandi for his continual support in helping people access the lobbies and play online.

I'm really thankful for fog and the online project, if you guys ever come across a MARY type character, chances are it's me (well not always, but the HN will be a giveaway). :)

tl;dr version:
Huge survival horror, outbreak fan Mackenzie here, I love outbreak, online games, and helping people out in them. I would definitely join some scenarios with both new and old players. Peace Out! :D

Some more info about me:
Favorite outbreak Character: Yoko and Mary. (Shows how regular teenagers can make it out alive during a zombie apocalypse).
Favorite Scenario: BFP, The Hive and DT. (I grew up watching my brother die playing RE2 when I was a kid, so yeah, I've seen worse things back then; I saw RE3 from my friend's house, so naturally I loved it too. I'm an old school survival horror fan, and Outbreak is the perfect chance to give myself a daily dose of that which is really lacking in this modern time.)
Least Favorite Scenario: Showdown 3 and EOTR. (go figure xD)
props to alinho for the gif

Leon95

Re: I'm... not dead yet! (Branagh, 1998)

Postby Leon95 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:12 pm

I hate to put a hole in the theory you guys established but I connect wirelessly using a modem-router.

Either way, glad we all can finally play one way or another!

Gandi

Postby Gandi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:54 pm

While Mackenzie's explanation might have been a little bit vague, it wasn't a theory anymore but tested and confirmed. You can find the extensive explanation in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2189
Thankfully the problem was fixed by the_fog as of august 11th, so noone has to worry about it anymore. Image

Anyhow welcome to the game Mackenzie, finally!

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:55 pm

I hate to put a hole in the theory you guys established but I connect wirelessly using a modem-router.
Yes, there are some who have 0 problems with it. Most others cannot connect wireless because of the restrictions of winpcap. BUT the tap method works excellent for most people.

Welcome to the forums, Mackenzie. And thanks for your encouraging words. Yes, sometimes having a little patience helps ;)

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Either way, glad we all can finally play one way or another!
fog has a point, I think some were even able to connect with a similar setup despite the problem not yet been solved at that time, I guess mine was just about to be discovered (I've been on and off bugging Gandi (sorry) for days on end to see any progress, and voila, just this month, I saw an interpretation of the solution from the very nice community). So much for that, happy to meet a fellow who has a similar setup. :D
While Mackenzie's explanation might have been a little bit vague, it wasn't a theory anymore but tested and confirmed. You can find the extensive explanation in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2189
Thankfully the problem was fixed by the_fog as of august 11th, so noone has to worry about it anymore. Image

Anyhow welcome to the game Mackenzie, finally!
Well, I couldn't put it any more simple than that, so yeah, it's all jumbled up in my intro xD, it might have been a little longer than what I have now had I explained the info in much detail and quotation lol. Yes, it has been a while, but the important thing is I've made it! Thanks for the continual efforts to help people get connected to the server guys!
Yes, there are some who have 0 problems with it. Most others cannot connect wireless because of the restrictions of winpcap. BUT the tap method works excellent for most people.

Welcome to the forums, Mackenzie. And thanks for your encouraging words. Yes, sometimes having a little patience helps ;)
Yes, I'm glad I kept in touch with the community, I honestly didn't sleep well most nights (as I thought I broke our family's modem out of desperation to somehow get our router working to make a modem-router set-up just to activate DMZ). I'm sorry if fog and most beta testers had to bear with me (spamming) err.. being trigger happy with the posts about my modem configuration because I wasn't able to get past the log-in page of the game's server. Hopefully it's all water under the bridge, and thanks to everyone who made this solution happen! :)

In spite of my writing, I'm glad you guys understood what I meant xD.

Leon95

Postby Leon95 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Oh, cool. Like I said, as long as we can all play is all that really matters. I'm no tetchy wizard, just thought I would share my input.

That's the great thing about this community Mackenzie, I've only been here a short while as well but I already know everyone is very willing to help one another get up & running.

Hopefully next time I play with you, we can stick through till the end too. :-P

JinKazama

Postby JinKazama » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Hey you finally made one of these, Welcome!

She's definitely the person you want giving you a Magnum in BFP or pressing the Alarm in Hellfire. ;)
HN: Natsu
Favorite characters: Cindy, David, George, Kevin

Allplay1997

Postby Allplay1997 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:06 am

Hi there Mac!
so you like BFP as well? my fav scenario followed by DT :D
hmm so you too watched someone die countless times during RE2? same here, when I was a kid I watched my dad playing RE2 and his strategy was by far the most advanced ever xP (waste all bullets on the zombies by the beginning of the game and then after all bullets were gone, he'd switch to the knife and go die hard on the zombies, he only went as far as the first licker and then died there and stopped playing) oh well *facepalm*
^^ Some would want it right? :D

Mackenzie

Postby Mackenzie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:20 am

Oh, cool. Like I said, as long as we can all play is all that really matters. I'm no tetchy wizard, just thought I would share my input.

That's the great thing about this community Mackenzie, I've only been here a short while as well but I already know everyone is very willing to help one another get up & running.

Hopefully next time I play with you, we can stick through till the end too. :-P
Well said LeonHart32, I guess it's all up to chance (because of my emu setup), but it's not impossible that we would be able to finish a scenario sometime. :)
Hey you finally made one of these, Welcome!

She's definitely the person you want giving you a Magnum in BFP or pressing the Alarm in Hellfire. ;)
Haha, thanks for suggesting to make an intro (I think I made one a while back when in the old forums, but I wasn't able to play the game yet). Thanks, it's a pleasure to help others out, I guess I don't want to do the honors of being in possession of a magnum, so I'll let you guys do it, I was thinking of activating the locomotive to ram the G, but then again, it wasn't needed lol; also next time I should have been able to find the shotgun :).
Hi there Mac!
so you like BFP as well? my fav scenario followed by DT :D
hmm so you too watched someone die countless times during RE2? same here, when I was a kid I watched my dad playing RE2 and his strategy was by far the most advanced ever xP (waste all bullets on the zombies by the beginning of the game and then after all bullets were gone, he'd switch to the knife and go die hard on the zombies, he only went as far as the first licker and then died there and stopped playing) oh well *facepalm*
Of course, nothing like nostalgic RE2 to make my day with amazing people online BFP and DT are the best :). Lol, I know right! Well, even though the people close to us died in their playthrough, I guess if it weren't for that we wouldn't have discovered the game on our own (or would have helped us strive to finish it). :) I guess that's what inspired me to RE2 and RE3 and a little of Dino Crisis, I was able to avenge my brother's effort (to some extent lol) and conquer my first fear of jumpscares xD. Hope to play some scenarios with you soon!

JinKazama

Postby JinKazama » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:55 am

---
Haha, thanks for suggesting to make an intro (I think I made one a while back when in the old forums, but I wasn't able to play the game yet). Thanks, it's a pleasure to help others out, I guess I don't want to do the honors of being in possession of a magnum, so I'll let you guys do it, I was thinking of activating the locomotive to ram the G, but then again, it wasn't needed lol; also next time I should have been able to find the shotgun :)
Oh, yeah. Don't ever use the train on G-Mutant when you have proper enough ammo to kill her anyway, that's just Bad form ;) /hook

Although, yeah, the Magnum is best given to a Potshot Kevin, Alyssa, or a Jim that's flipped his coin. So many strategies in Outbreak, another thing that keeps bringing me back :)
HN: Natsu
Favorite characters: Cindy, David, George, Kevin

Return to “Introduction”