We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hi there

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
zadig

Hi there

Postby zadig » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:58 pm

I'm zadig, he who don't need aproval from others and who live his life in an unconventional way.
Outbreak series are my favorites and i had lot of struggle trying playing online those games but now i can finally push the "network" button and play it online !
I would like to thanks a lot the people who did this !
Thank you very much !
Have a nice day everyone.

hill73n

Re: Hi there

Postby hill73n » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:56 pm

Welcome to the OB community :).

Hope you have fun here.
Ask in chat if you are looking for players or would like some help.
Online play has some differences to offline (like item locations). Also you have the connection lag to deal with if you are not the first player to enter a room. This may cause it to appear that enemies are "teleporting" which means you can miss your target or get hit unexpectedly ;).

The Outbreak Tracker App is VERY USEFUL for learning and to help watch over other players:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r4mqhp8l ... r.rar/file
https://github.com/phoe-nix/OutbreakTracker/releases (download the latest update.zip)

Enjoy OB'ing!
See you around :)

zadig

Postby zadig » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:42 am

Hello,

Thanks for your information hill73n,

I sure had a lot of fun thank you, indeed item locations are different offline and online, they're even random (for some items and even key items but not all items) in outbreak and bellow freezing point i was surprised about it but in a good way, then i play the hive and it seems items are not random here (i play very hard only).
About connection lag, i had some the first day i play on sunday when entering a room but not when i create a room,
i play it yesterday and it just work perfecly, even when i entered a room, almost no lag at all for me, the game is running smooth !
Maybe network stability are variable from day to day ?
Anyway, for now i'm just having fun to play and clear all missions from file 1 and then file 2 but once my skills are back i'd like to make speedrun with 4 players online, if anyone is interested in it, please let me know.

See you

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:38 pm

I think The Hive does have some randomnized items.

zadig

Postby zadig » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:12 am

I have cleared all file 1 missions and started file 2, on every mission, items are random online exept some key items.
At least in very hard, don't know about others dificulties.

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:16 pm

Of course, key items are almost always fixed spots, except for Outbreak stage 1 the bar where the keys sometimes spawn in different locations.

Securihard

Postby Securihard » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:48 am

Outbreak & Below Freezing Point, Flashback & Decisions, decisions do have ramdom items online, the Hive strangely doesn't.
Wild Things, Underbelly & Flashback also have random items, don't know about the 2 other missions, didn't play them for the moment.
"Je montrerai les mecs... en train d'shooter... je montrerai les mecs... en train d'crever... un discours tout ça... sert à rien... sert à rien..."
"Moi je prends simplement 2 pour la nuit."

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:12 am

Outbreak & Below Freezing Point, Flashback & Decisions, decisions do have ramdom items online, the Hive strangely doesn't.
Wild Things, Underbelly & Flashback also have random items, don't know about the 2 other missions, didn't play them for the moment.
For The Hive are you referring to the other items like recoveries? i get the itch to check it out.

zadig

Postby zadig » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:33 pm

The hive have random items too but indeed some items are not random in this mision like the handgun you get in the room where leechman appear for the first time.

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:00 pm

The hive have random items too but indeed some items are not random in this mision like the handgun you get in the room where leechman appear for the first time.
Ah, ok. That particular Handgun found in the locker room on 3F i consider it to be a key item due to having to get it to trigger the leechman encounter.

zadig

Postby zadig » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:29 am

Yes this handgun in the hive is a key item, i think we can consider items that are absolutely needed to clear the missions as key items,
in outbreak the keys you talk about are not key items since you can break the doors by yourself, that's the reason those keys are random.
So in all missions online in file 1 and file 2 items are random except key items.

Return to “Introduction”