We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Help requested: translation patch works for outbreak 2 but no online access

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
CBItemBox

Help requested: translation patch works for outbreak 2 but no online access

Postby CBItemBox » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm trying so hard to get Outbreak 2 working online.

So I've followed the instructions for the patch, the dev9 plugins, HDL/OPL , memory card with unlocks + DNS/bios , Translation patch which worked. I have gotten as far as booting up through Openloader and when I start up the game through openloader and go to network there is no 3rd option under proxy configuration. Do I need to enter proxy settings? If I try to edit network config it brings me to a black screen with options I can't see even when pressing F9. If I need proxy settings, what do I enter?

I've spent hours scouring the boards. I can't find anything helpful specific to my situation. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Update: Was able to finally find a vid on Youtube explaining the Network settings setup. PM me for assistance on this matter if needed! :)

hill73n

Re: Help requested: translation patch works for outbreak 2 but no online access

Postby hill73n » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:52 am

Welcome :).

Glad you figured it out. It can be a real trial getting setup for the first time. Usually just small details that have been overlooked, but sometimes the difficulty is knowing exactly what it is (and what it's called) that you are needing/looking for. If you go to the official OBSRV discord (link is in this post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5412) you can ask for help setting up.

Hope you have fun!

Return to “Introduction”