We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello! New here... (long read, sorry!)

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
deadwalking12345

Hello! New here... (long read, sorry!)

Postby deadwalking12345 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Im Deadwalking12345 (most people just call me dead), and I've had used this name long before The Walking Dead came out (so don't think i pulled it off from there lol). I was raised around video games, my first game was actually Devil May Cry at the age of 4 and 5. My parents would play Resident Evil all the time. My mother would sit me on her lap and helped my father with the game guide to Outbreak, Code Veronica, 2 and 3, while i sat and watched. I absolutely LOVE Outbreak, brings back good memories of when i was little. Sad thing is i never was able to try online mode.

By the time i was old enough to actually become good with technology and know how to set up all the network settings, Capcom had shutdown the US servers. At the time i wasn't sure what to do, and with my young mind i managed to forget about Outbreaks online (but i still played the single player). It wasn't until 2010 that i learned about the Japanese servers. I decided not to bother with it, i don't know how speak/read any other language than English, plus i heard that the servers there were going to be shut down too.

The past few years i had been searching to see if anyone has been able to revive outbreak. My luck wasn't the greatest. However until 2011, i found someone on youtube that went by the name G0hst or something like that, who had been posting videos of a fan made server, and had a blog up with all the information on his progress trying to revive it. But shortly after that, his videos became private, then removed, then his account went missing, and his blog was deleted. I had given up hope at that point. Recently my brother, who spends time on 4chan, had come across a post with your guys's videos and webpage! The news was simply astounding! I cannot wait to play my favorite game in a way I've never been able to play before, and i thank you guys for your hard work! I wish you the best of luck with this project :D

HN: DeadW
ID: H0ISKE

Device: US PS2 with Free MCBoot installed on memory card
running OB on a 8gb Cruzer Glide USB

Isles487

Re: Hello! New here... (long read, sorry!)

Postby Isles487 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to check out the FAQ, if you haven't already. There are a lot of other people that had similar experiences. You guys will have all be having fun soon!

Return to “Introduction”