We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello Everyone

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
slicemin998

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby slicemin998 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:17 pm

AHAHAHAHA. So after finally FINALLY!!!!!!! Getting a new ps2 that one was broken to btw, i fixed it though, my old one I sadly could not. So fixed the new one right. Figured out how to use swap magic and all that. Got the japense file of outbreak in. IT STARTS UP. BUT THEN the VIDEO WONT LOAD LOLOLOLO. The music plays and everything but disk has some sort scratches on it that prevent it from fully working. So Need tips on how to fix the disk. I cant even tell you the nightmare ive been through for this. But im so damn close now I cant stop. THIS WILL NOT BEAT ME. IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD WAY TO FIX DISKS TELL ME PLEASE

A Ninjas Fart

Postby A Ninjas Fart » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:05 pm

AHAHAHAHA. So after finally FINALLY!!!!!!! Getting a new ps2 that one was broken to btw, i fixed it though, my old one I sadly could not. So fixed the new one right. Figured out how to use swap magic and all that. Got the japense file of outbreak in. IT STARTS UP. BUT THEN the VIDEO WONT LOAD LOLOLOLO. The music plays and everything but disk has some sort scratches on it that prevent it from fully working. So Need tips on how to fix the disk. I cant even tell you the nightmare ive been through for this. But im so damn close now I cant stop. THIS WILL NOT BEAT ME. IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD WAY TO FIX DISKS TELL ME PLEASE
The only thing I can say is either bring your disc to gamestop or something they usually have disc repair machines, or if you don't want to do that put toothpaste on your disc it actually works lol. There are tutorials on Youtube and if all fails get a new disc. There's also the possibility that your disc laser might be dying.
HN: BukkakePro
PS2 phat, 320GB Maxtor Diamond HDD IDE 3.5, OPL, Ethernet
Silent But Deadly...

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:50 am

... put toothpaste on your disc...
That's how I do it with scratched discs, too. Here's a link http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/77

slicemin998

Postby slicemin998 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:58 am

I tried vaseline and toothpaste which I heard was supposed to work, it didnt. Theres really only one little scratch in it but i cant fix it. Thers also a bunch of other surface marks and a circle that goes around the thing that isnt a scratch but its just a wierd sorta imprint on the cd itself, I only saw it once before when my xbox got hit when i was playing a game it left the mark. The laser is fine on it I've played a bunch of other games on it that weren't japanese. the disk is just messed up I think, not sure it was ever going to work honestly. I just bought another one, my family was looking for christmas gifts so there we go. Should have it in a few days. *sigh*

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:50 am

Ahw, that circle scratch sucks. Once my 360 ate a disc this way, I wasn't able to repair the disc.
Btw., nice christmas present ;)

slicemin998

Postby slicemin998 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Ahw, that circle scratch sucks. Once my 360 ate a disc this way, I wasn't able to repair the disc.
*sigh* So yeah got it in the mail today got all the way up to the dnas check and that of course failed. So now I'm trying to figure out how to download the translator patch so I can play and if for some reason that doesn't work I'm done with this money/time pit.

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:36 pm

*sigh* So yeah got it in the mail today got all the way up to the dnas check and that of course failed. So now I'm trying to figure out how to download the translator patch so I can play and if for some reason that doesn't work I'm done with this money/time pit.

I 'dont think its a good idea to try and patch a legit disc
your very close
you need ppf-o-matic and the patch , and patch the iso, then burn the patched iso to a disc and your home free

slicemin998

Postby slicemin998 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:51 pm

I 'dont think its a good idea to try and patch a legit disc
your very close
you need ppf-o-matic and the patch , and patch the iso, then burn the patched iso to a disc and your home free
Hah omg no i would never patch the actual disk im not insane lol. I was just rooting around the files seeing whats what. Yeah I just finished doing most of that. just need to download the patch and god willing it will work. I think i may need to go buy some blank dvds..... but other than that I SHOULD be all set. key word should. If I told myself a month ago what id go through to get here I'd prolly have just waited for whenever the NA version gets rebuilt lol.

Edit: Okay everything ready I just need a blank dvd. Gotta go to work now though, hopefully my landlord has one for me. and then ill put it in my ps2 download it into my hdd i refuse to do that pc to ps2 connection thing just no, i dont care im already at my wits end with this, i dont need another migraine. and provided my ps2 doesnt catch fire (joking) and the ps2 gods decide to have mercy on my soul and let me actually freaking connect ill be home free. although i really sincerely doubt any of this is going to work because my luck has been purely black with this so far lol.

slicemin998

Postby slicemin998 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:27 am

Okay so next question. I need to burn the game to a DVD can someone tell me what blank dvd they used for it. the stupid amount of money for freaking blank dvds that can handle a ps2 game cant possibly be correct or im done, as it is this venture has cost a total of 150 bucks and I refuse to spend that much more.

So yeah name, brand, price, something i could buy at target/best buy. or hell amazon I guess...*sigh*

If this ever actually works and i think eventually im going to write a guide so people like me realize what they are getting themselves into when they try to get back into the game because their has been a lot of work involved to get back in the game.

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Okay so next question. I need to burn the game to a DVD can someone tell me what blank dvd they used for it. the stupid amount of money for freaking blank dvds that can handle a ps2 game cant possibly be correct or im done, as it is this venture has cost a total of 150 bucks and I refuse to spend that much more.

So yeah name, brand, price, something i could buy at target/best buy. or hell amazon I guess...*sigh*

If this ever actually works and i think eventually im going to write a guide so people like me realize what they are getting themselves into when they try to get back into the game because their has been a lot of work involved to get back in the game.
Do you not own the disc? conversations about piracy Shouldn't be brought here

slicemin998

Postby slicemin998 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Yeah i own the disk, well technically now i own two legitimate disks after the first one broke. I had to patch it because of dnas errors that i cant fix because the router modem whatever thing is in my landlords house and i cant get to it to fix the dnas errors. nevermind forget i even mentioned it.

Just one longg horror show.

slicemin998

Postby slicemin998 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Nevermind
Last edited by slicemin998 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Okay so i made my ID. now im at some screen that wants me to enter somethign in like a captcha i guess. except i cant find the symbols to do this because its all in freaking japanese.
Your ID can carry up to 3 handles/nicknames. The handle is created automatically by the server. You simply have to name it. The virtual keyboard has ASCII, too ;) With the nickname you choose you are chatting and listed in the ranklist.

slicemin998

Postby slicemin998 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Okay so i made my ID. now im at some screen that wants me to enter somethign in like a captcha i guess. except i cant find the symbols to do this because its all in freaking japanese.
Your ID can carry up to 3 handles/nicknames. The handle is created automatically by the server. You simply have to name it. The virtual keyboard has ASCII, too ;) With the nickname you choose you are chatting and listed in the ranklist.
I just named myself I hate my life because i thought it was the captcha and i couldnt take it anymore. Hopefully next time i enter i can change that name. also theres only 2 people on.. god there better be more than that actually playing.

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Could you eleborate a little bit on this please? I REALLY don't want to put the wrong information in and get stuck with an ID I don't want.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

Return to “Introduction”