We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Hello Fellow Fans!

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
Mourning Time

Hello Fellow Fans!

Postby Mourning Time » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Wow, what a great thing to stumble on. I can't tell you how excited I was to read that a group of hardcore, dedicated fans took it upon themselves to get this game up and running again for people to play. As a huge, huge fan of the Resident Evil franchise, I spent countless hours playing these two titles... sadly alone. I never got into online gaming until years later. I regret it. I spend most of my time playing Left 4 Dead 2, which is similar to these titles. I really want to have the online experience with this game. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but what exactly do I need to play? I have both games as well as the large PlayStation 2 unit. I know what my option with having that is to first get the network adapter, and then use an emulator. Now, how exactly does that work? Would I be running it from my PC? Can someone please explain the process to me. Thank you, and I really do hope to get to play these games with some of you. Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully respond!

PsychoFoxhound

Re: Hello Fellow Fans!

Postby PsychoFoxhound » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Hey, welcome! Yeah it was almost the same for me. I was lucky enough to play File 1 for a few weeks before it closed. I wasn't able to play File 2 online at all. Soooo, most of the last decade, I've spent playing this game alone.

A good place to start is here: http://www.obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=545

That link gives a good overview of what it takes to get connected, and provides helpful links. And you can either use your PS2 OR an emulator. An emulator is a bit more work, but if you're like me, and don't have a Japanese PS2 with a network adapter, it's probably the way to go, otherwise you'd have to purchase one. Good luck, hope to see you on!
Signature Characters: Kevin, Raymond, David, Eric, Greg
Preferred Stages: Outbreak, BFP, DD, Underbelly, DT, EotR

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:26 am

Hello there! I agree with the previous poster that you should start at the comprehensive FAQ link. Beyond that, you can "soft mod" your fat PS2 in order to play Japanese region games. I would recommend taking that route, because emulator users are subject to random freezing, desync, and disconnection problems. I will add that not all emulator users experience these problems, but a sizeable portion does.

Mourning Time

Postby Mourning Time » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:34 am

Thank you both for the reply! Going to read up.

Return to “Introduction”