We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Unauthorized Access to Files

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Earlier today, it was brought to our attention that the user \"Kate\" was attempting to access server files without authorization. There is a zero tolerance policy for users attempting to access server files. Any attempts to do so will be met with an immediate ban, and we will not allow access in the future. Decisions will be final and without possibility of review.

Unfortunately, we have to keep our guard up because there are people that would like to have unauthorized access to the server code.

Tofu

Postby Tofu » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:07 pm

What he was up to?

Anomaladox

Postby Anomaladox » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 pm

[quote="Tofu"]
What he was up to?
[/quote]

I wonder.....maybe this has already been explained.

[quote="Isles487"]
attempting to access server files without authorization.
[/quote]
Last edited by Anomaladox on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US PlayStation®2 - Fat 50000 /N Series - 120GB HDD - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0
US PlayStation®2 - Slim 75000 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.1.0
JP PSX - DVR/Console DESR-5700 Series - Loader: Open PS2 Loader 1.2.0

HN: Anomaladox
ID: GLITCH

New to the server?
Frequently Asked Questions
Current OBSRV DNS: 208.72.237.31

ImageClick me?

jimbob1987

Postby jimbob1987 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Kate that rings abell i\'m sure she/he was on fucci666 blog actually trying to help him or was that another name athough i think she also has another site i could be wrong.

camjam

Re: Unauthorized Access to Files

Postby camjam » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Kate that rings abell i\'m sure she/he was on fucci666 blog actually trying to help him or was that another name athough i think she also has another site i could be wrong.
I seem to remember her too, if it was this blog: http://residenteviloutbreakserver.blogspot.com/

She was someone helping him by advertising the blog and stuff, if I seem to remember correctly.
Not sure if Fucci is on this blog or not, but perhaps he told kate to try to obtain some snippets of code for his outbreak project?

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:51 pm

...perhaps he told kate to try to obtain some snippets of code for his outbreak project?
Unlikely, his project seems to be dead for ages now. I don't think he is interested in it anymore. If I remember correctly he is involved into other RE related projects (http://sourceforge.net/users/monkeymanme)

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:53 pm

...perhaps he told kate to try to obtain some snippets of code for his outbreak project?
Unlikely, his project seems to be dead for ages now. I don't think he is interested in it anymore. If I remember correctly he is involved into other RE related projects (http://sourceforge.net/users/monkeymanme)
To add to that, it's worth noting that Fulci seemed to be more casually 'tinkering' with creating a server than anything else. He was unresponsive to any offers of help.

Dchaps

Postby Dchaps » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Hah i never knew fulci was monkeyman2000, ive used one of his re2 modification tool's built in java called roomplotter.exe
what it does is let you manipulate the boundary/camera data based on coordinates in an re2 RDT file(Room data something)
small world

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:57 pm

camjam

Postby camjam » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Shame he quit. It would of been nice to have the original outbreak back too.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Shame he quit. It would of been nice to have the original outbreak back too.
It would be a shame... if there wasn't a beta server up right now with users playing Outbreak again. The_fog said he would take a look into File 1 once File 2 is stable.

jimbob1987

Postby jimbob1987 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Its a shame he quit really all that work over 4 years or so i bet he was really close to it, as if you looked through his blog he knew what he was doing he just needed that information to actually create the server.

I think everyone who was involved in trying to make a server should of stuck together and helped out i bet there would be a 100% working server now and maybe some open source so everyone could maybe improve on it, as i think there was about 2 or 3 people with seperate blogs trying to make a server but never really helped each other out Ghostline or something i dunno.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Its a shame he quit really all that work over 4 years or so i bet he was really close to it, as if you looked through his blog he knew what he was doing he just needed that information to actually create the server.

I think everyone who was involved in trying to make a server should of stuck together and helped out i bet there would be a 100% working server now and maybe some open source so everyone could maybe improve on it, as i think there was about 2 or 3 people with seperate blogs trying to make a server but never really helped each other out Ghostline or something i dunno.
Fulci never presented any actual progress beyond DNS redirection.

jimbob1987

Postby jimbob1987 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Well yeah true but he did also get the game to connect to a website/webhost kinda thing although ive not really watched the video in ages so i cant really remember, but still I think he nearly had it though as i bet the beta server you guys are making connects to this webpage somehow, thats what im thinking anyway as outbreak connects to a webhost, but yeah im a noob when it comes to networks and stuff.

Isles487

Postby Isles487 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Well yeah true but he did also get the game to connect to a website/webhost kinda thing although ive not really watched the video in ages so i cant really remember, but still I think he nearly had it though as i bet the beta server you guys are making connects to this webpage somehow, thats what im thinking anyway as outbreak connects to a webhost, but yeah im a noob when it comes to networks and stuff.
He did that through DNS redirection. He redirected to Google and never coded anything else server side.

Return to “News”