We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Straight (?) Outta Birmingham

The place for new forum members to introduce themselves.
GypsyJack

Straight (?) Outta Birmingham

Postby GypsyJack » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:15 am

Hi! I'm Jack,a 16 year old who dropped out of college after two months and now I'm on a break whether I want to be on one or not,and with so much time to spend it was only inevitable that I stumbled back onto memory lane. I recently gave my grandpa my PS2 with REO#2 still in the console and I regret that immensely. I usually stay around my grandparents' house for the weekend,but because of his PS2 the stay was extended for another 3 days. That's 3 days of playing REO#2 being took back by all of the memories and fun times that I had playing this game from when I was 4 up until 12. I have never played the REO series online and hearing about a server resurrection made me extremely happy,just knowing that Outbreak is far from dead,even if Capcom are probably like 'Outbreak?What's that?An alternate costume of Jill?'. I'm really eager to try it out,but I'm really nervous that I'll buy the wrong things or I'll get stuck at something and never end up playing,so for christmas or later than that,I'm hoping I can get everything in the checklist. Are you still reading? Did you really make it this far? But yeah,sorry for the babbling. 5 things to know about me are: My favorite character is and always has been Cindy. I have an unhealthy crush on Kevin considering he's a video game character..He just looks so much like Tom Cruise. I have 8 black cats. I hate the colour green and to finish off,I can't wait to get everything on the checklist and start playing!

kolesnikov94

Re: Straight (?) Outta Birmingham

Postby kolesnikov94 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:51 pm

Welcome aboard! Cindy's also my favorite character =)
If you need assistance as to what you need to buy or how to set up your PS2 let me know, I'll be happy to assist you!
PS2 SCPH 30001 - Maxtor 6L160P0 160GB UDMA/133 7200 RPM 8MB HDD - PS2 2X Network Adapter - Free McBoot 1.8 - OPL 0.8
HN: Dave

GypsyJack

Postby GypsyJack » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:39 am

Welcome aboard! Cindy's also my favorite character =)
If you need assistance as to what you need to buy or how to set up your PS2 let me know, I'll be happy to assist you!
Thank you :) I have a while to really go over the things I need to buy and prepare for,so I have some confidence in how it'll turn out.

Silver Gray

Postby Silver Gray » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:29 am

Welcome....He does look like Tom Cruise lol...I know alot of people who uses Cindy but my favorite and best player of all is a Yoko Suzuki, second is Kevin Ryman, there are the best OB characters...I am a PC OB user so let kole help you for PS2's he knows a lot.

KuriKurisataru

Postby KuriKurisataru » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Hey Jack, welcome aboard fellow newbie to obsrv. I have an unhealthy obsession with that name and a weird habit of pronouncing it as "chjack".

Yeah, Cindy is popular here, one of my fave characters is a Cindy-type which is the Nurse with the short brown hair. I forgot her name, but I think it's Kathy. My most faves are all Alyssa types (especially Alyssa herself and Monica).
Kate, Regan, Laura (Mains), Etc (necessity)
Image viewtopic.php?f=9&p=39605#p39605

GypsyJack

Postby GypsyJack » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Welcome....He does look like Tom Cruise lol...I know alot of people who uses Cindy but my favorite and best player of all is a Yoko Suzuki, second is Kevin Ryman, there are the best OB characters...I am a PC OB user so let kole help you for PS2's he knows a lot.
He does!I use Cindy as my 'main' mostly because of her duck and obviously her herb case. The bandage is pretty useful too but her virus rate is a problem for me,as well as her vitality. Yoko's escape is probably the best special action in my opinion,especially for passive players.

GypsyJack

Postby GypsyJack » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 pm

Hey Jack, welcome aboard fellow newbie to obsrv. I have an unhealthy obsession with that name and a weird habit of pronouncing it as "chjack".

Yeah, Cindy is popular here, one of my fave characters is a Cindy-type which is the Nurse with the short brown hair. I forgot her name, but I think it's Kathy. My most faves are all Alyssa types (especially Alyssa herself and Monica).
Chjack? Never heard that one before,I know people who pronounce it with a 'Q' at the end or they add a slight 'A' at the end and i'm like waaht. I wish I could use Alyssa but I feel like she's more up there as an offensive character,and I like to play defensively. Her pot-shot is really useful though,same with her running speed,she's so fast!

KuriKurisataru

Postby KuriKurisataru » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:15 am

I wish I could use Alyssa but I feel like she's more up there as an offensive character,and I like to play defensively.
Yeah, she goes back too far and it ends up putting you in a different camera angle most of the time, especially in OB2. But her speed is also a good defensive trait, especially if you are good at running past enemies and can predict their moves. Then you can practice taking advantage of speed in general for running/180 turning/dodging as a defensive feat. It's especially handy for hoards of zombies. She's creative. I would sometimes use her dodge with her shoulders facing the enemies so she moves on horizontal axis and the enemies attack vertically, then I would run forward right between them as they recover or around them depending on the recovery time of the moves they used. My play-style with her makes me wish this game had more zombies. But ironically, I am sucky yoko and cindy player. lol I can't time their dodges/recoveries and I don't wanna spend as long as it took for me to git gud with Alyssa to git gud with them.
Kate, Regan, Laura (Mains), Etc (necessity)
Image viewtopic.php?f=9&p=39605#p39605

GypsyJack

Postby GypsyJack » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:28 am

I would sometimes use her dodge with her shoulders facing the enemies so she moves on horizontal axis and the enemies attack vertically, then I would run forward right between them as they recover or around them depending on the recovery time of the moves they used. My play-style with her makes me wish this game had more zombies.
That sounds like a really good strategy,actually,but there's always a risk they do that horizontal scratch although they do it to their left so if Alyssa's left shoulder is the one facing then it'll always work I think. I can tell you've spent a lot of time with Alyssa because that sounds like you've done some serious testing with that. Cindy's duck is really good but it only works on a single or on two zombies. It has some negative frames on recovery which really isn't good in a horde situation. You've ducked one zombie's attack but then you're left open to even more. You have to be real close to them as well but it should be used as a second option after you whiff an attack,but it's at it's best when a zombie's got you cornered. And I understand what you mean by not wanting to spend as much time on other characters than what you've spent with Alyssa,I'd love to learn George but I have to memorize the layouts and spawn locations in scenarios first and then think about learning someone else.

Yoko:S

Postby Yoko:S » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Welcome aboard :). Hope you get everything just in time for the Obsrv christmas party ;)

GypsyJack

Postby GypsyJack » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Welcome aboard :). Hope you get everything just in time for the Obsrv christmas party ;)
Thanks!

Return to “Introduction”