We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

DNAS is offline (Update: Works for now)

short notes for those not reading all the forums
Clankr

DNAS is offline (Update: Works for now)

Postby Clankr » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Check this:
http://ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/viewto ... 174#p12174
I have tested some games and all of them could not pass DNAS check (Error -611 or -613)

alinho

Postby alinho » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:35 pm

So I guess the rumors were partially true.
Yet, DNAS is still working in this server, at least on my disc.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

Vedita BR

Postby Vedita BR » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:18 pm

[img]
dnas lg.jpg
dnas lg.jpg (103.66 KiB) Viewed 46641 times
[/img]

BoboMouse

Postby BoboMouse » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:05 pm

So basically the Japanese cannot get on anymore? They all use regular disc I hope you know that.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:32 pm

sayonara~ DNAS

Someone at Sony loves shutting things down around April 1st.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:24 pm

Hold that thought. It doesn't look shut down just yet.
HN: Shepard

Useful links:

Getting started? Click here
Get a memcard with everything unlocked (File1 and File2)
Installing the emulated HDD (legacy)

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD
PC: Ryzen 5800X3D/64GB/RX 6800XT
PS2: SCPH 30000 2TB
PS3: CECHE01 1TB SSD

mecha

Postby mecha » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:51 pm

The host "gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org" cannnot resolve, but the dnas server "203.105.78.168" is running now.
It’s only a matter of time.
It is difficult to hack dnas server because the DNAS auth uses https protocol(including CA check).

Festo

Postby Festo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:03 pm

HI...Iam part of this page since 4 days ago, and its pretty nice that you have realived this game...it works pretty well...Ok the thing is that since yesterday all we realized that the dnas left working...Iam part of the ps2 official community online and the boss has its own server which is rescuing the games that has another dns which its own dns....he says that the method is pretty simple and he is able to share its dns or the solution with all the lovers of ps2....if you has solved the problem it would be great...but if you dont I can pass you the contact of this guy...just let me know it with a message...these are my dates:
-fesg3108@hotmail.com
-https://www.facebook.com/fernando.sosaguerrero

The message of the boss with the solution was the next:

(spanish)
Hola chicos, lamento informarles que las DNAS han muerto, ya sea utilizando las DNS Automáticas, Bobz y OpenSpy (Éstas dos últimas tienen solución, como lo hice con la mía).

Para hacerles una explicación breve, han retirado el acceso a éstas de manera "automática", quiere decir que ahora sólo se podrá ingresar utilizando algún servidor DNS que tenga re direccionado el "Hostname" a la "IP del Host" directamente!.
Quiere decir que temporalmente no estarán en funcionamiento las DNS de "OpenSPY" y las de "Bobz", hasta que hagan lo que yo hice; asignar para cada Hostname una IP de forma manual.

No sé si este método será permanente o temporal, ya que si dan de baja las IP de los Hostname, ya no existiría otro método...

Saludos a todos

(english)
Hey guys, I regret to inform that the DNAS have died, either using automatic DNS, Bobz and OpenSpy (These last two are solvable, as I did with mine).

To make them a brief explanation, they have removed access to these "automatic" way, it means that now you can only log in using a DNS server that has redirected the "Hostname" to "Host IP" directly !.
It means that temporarily will not be running the DNS "OpenSPY" and those of "Bobz" to do what I did; Hostname assigned for each IP manually.

I do not know if this method is permanent or temporary, as if derecognized the IP hostnames, and there would be another method ...

Greetings to all

alinho

Postby alinho » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:10 pm

At this point, I don't think the server needs another DNAS server.
The one we have now, whatever it is, is working just fine.
PS2 FAT HDD Player

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:28 pm

At this point, I don't think the server needs another DNAS server.
The one we have now, whatever it is, is working just fine.
We need to distinguish between two different services.

DNS is the domain name service and is used to get the internet address of a server name. For example the DNS we're running here is frequently asked what the address of www01.kddi-mmbb.jp is. And it tells the game our server's IP. That's how we trick the games to connect to our revival machine.

Dynamic Network Authentication System (DNAS) is a proprietary authentication system created by Sony. See Wikipedia for details. What you need to know to understand the discussion is that the name of the DNAS server seems to be no longer in service, means the usual DNS servers don't tell the game the IP of the machine checking for copy protection, banning etc. Our DNS server still delivers the correct IP and as long as the DNAS machine responds the checks can be done as usual.

If the DNAS server at Sony stops working or gets shutdown we are facing a situation where players need to patch their games to get around the DNAS checks. For this case we have developed working patches for the Outbreak games because there is currently no known way to emulate the DNAS server. The main problem is that the connection is protected with a SSL certificate of Sony.

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:57 pm

If the DNAS server at Sony stops working or gets shutdown we are facing a situation where players need to patch their games to get around the DNAS checks. For this case we have developed working patches for the Outbreak games because there is currently no known way to emulate the DNAS server. The main problem is that the connection is protected with a SSL certificate of Sony.
I don't get it. I thought if the DNAS stopped working we wouldn't need to patch the ISOs to bypass the security check anymore?

Useful links:

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD

StuntmanSnake

Postby StuntmanSnake » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:03 pm

I don't get it. I thought if the DNAS stopped working we wouldn't need to patch the ISOs to bypass the security check anymore?
I think what the problem is is that it will try and connect to a server this is shutdown, hence the error messages it seems some people are getting. It won't just ignore the check like what the DNAS patch we have does.

Like I mentioned before, this now begs the question whether or not we should officially host the DNAS patch here on the forum.
ID: MODDER | HN: StuntmanSnake | CHARACTER: RANDOM

leotreves

Postby leotreves » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:31 am

Like I mentioned before, this now begs the question whether or not we should officially host the DNAS patch here on the forum.
Guess if Sony officially closes online support, then emulating DNAS is not at all illegal.

Useful links:

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD

Mesmeric Rose

Re: DNAS is offline (Update: Works for now)

Postby Mesmeric Rose » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:38 am

I was able to successfully log into my PS2 Vanilla set up :) <---if that's even the issue haha

leotreves

Re: DNAS is offline (Update: Works for now)

Postby leotreves » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:02 am

I was able to successfully log into my PS2 Vanilla set up :) <---if that's even the issue haha
See, I assume that's exactly what is going to happen.

Useful links:

PCSX2 using OPL/HDD

Return to “News”