We have moved to a new IP! Please head to the IP Switch wiki page for a quick guide on how to connect again.

Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

short notes for those not reading all the forums
T-King-667

Re: Capcom to announce RE game at gamescon 2019

Postby T-King-667 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:01 pm

At this point, I would just be so damn ecstatic if Capcom could give us an "HD" remaster version of Outbreak - literally nothing other than fixing load times, removing the "wall of death" when another character is going through a door, and adding a PC version. Some netcode optimizations so that you don't need to be room master to not have crazy zombie and monster warping would be fantastic.
A user on the Capcom forums last year and yes it was just a user so take it with a grain of salt. Said that the OB games used an Old modified version of IT's engine which Capcom no longer has the rights to. So for them to remaster the game they would have to replace the engine and rebuild all the old assets onto it which at that point they may as well just remake it. So if what he said is true then that would explain why Capcom never did do a remaster of the titles. I always thought they didn't bother because they would have to make new servers but if they also had to rebuild the game on a new engine then that would make a lot more sense.

Speaking of netcode optimizations: Yesterday I got killed at the end of Showdown 3 because MR.X's kept lagging out of the stun animation from MAG handgun potshots. I was pretty pissed.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:57 pm

So? They managed to put many assets into that other game whatever it was called.
-Vote Joel Clemens for City Council

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:23 pm

So? They managed to put many assets into that other game whatever it was called.
Are you referring to UB and DS chronicles? You have to remember that Capcom's biggest reason for not releasing a file 3 was because file 2 only sold like 700,000? On top of the fact that these were on rail shooters for the Wii. Low budget as all hell combined with the Assets that they ripped straight from Outbreak and the fact that they didn't even have online co-op on either the wii or PS3 versions means that they didn't need to make any servers.

So comparing the two. One title is an on rail budget shooter with no online for an insanely popular console that's practically built for on rail shooting. Vs Remastering a pair of games which involved ripping out the old engine and network and replacing it. Capcom probably also viewed the originals as a failure because of sales figures from file 2 (Despite it being their own fault releasing it within a few months of RE4) So why would Capcom put in so much work, money and risk into a remaster which normally isn't supposed to be all that difficult or expensive when they could try something new entirely. Which would be even cheaper thanks to the assets on top of the very nature of "rail shooter" making it a budget title in the first place.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:43 am

Literally all they had to do is assign the camera to follow a target every time your character hits a sensor.

"What a weird Customer... what are you doing?!" - Will, Bartender / Cook at J's Bar, In memorial

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:21 am

I’m pretty confident this new RE game will be multiplayer focused in some way. The odds of it being a new Outbreak seem higher than they’ve ever been, but it could very well be a new game entirely.

Guess we’ll find out soon.
Hopefully it is and it's released on PC. Mod support would be fun.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 am

I’m pretty confident this new RE game will be multiplayer focused in some way. The odds of it being a new Outbreak seem higher than they’ve ever been, but it could very well be a new game entirely.

Guess we’ll find out soon.
Hopefully it is and it's released on PC. Mod support would be fun.
I'm also really hoping that there would be crossplay. I think the OB fans have waited too long not to be able to play with one another.

the_fog

Postby the_fog » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:00 am

We’ve been waiting for many many years now. And the longer we wait for a remake of Outbreak the more I’m glad we did this revival server 😀

Godot

Postby Godot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:02 am

I'd love it to be Outbreak related. Capcom knows how big the fan-base is for these games despite the screw-ups and low sales from the past, so it's not a bullet in the dark anymore.
However, as stated before, I think the other most likely possibility would be a completely different game. Like Revelations back then.
I personally think it's a 50/50. It's either Outbreak or a different RE game. Or... Dead Aim Remake :-P Nah.
But in all seriousness, most of us already know that both files were aheads of its time. Games like that, with better graphics, several corrections and new content, would be an absolute blast nowadays. Also if something like that comes to PC, fingers crossed to not see a single paid DLC. Oh, but they will be there anyway, won't they?

So, I'm hoping for the best (OB) but expecting the worst (Alternate project/spin-off, though that could be neat in its own way). We'll have to wait and see, one more time. Maybe it's nothing special, just like all those other times. But as time goes on, theories only get stronger and stronger. Could this finally be it? I sure as hell hope so.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 am

I'd love it to be Outbreak related. Capcom knows how big the fan-base is for these games despite the screw-ups and low sales from the past, so it's not a bullet in the dark anymore.
However, as stated before, I think the other most likely possibility would be a completely different game. Like Revelations back then.
I personally think it's a 50/50. It's either Outbreak or a different RE game. Or... Dead Aim Remake :-P Nah.
But in all seriousness, most of us already know that both files were aheads of its time. Games like that, with better graphics, several corrections and new content, would be an absolute blast nowadays. Also if something like that comes to PC, fingers crossed to not see a single paid DLC. Oh, but they will be there anyway, won't they?

So, I'm hoping for the best (OB) but expecting the worst (Alternate project/spin-off, though that could be neat in its own way). We'll have to wait and see, one more time. Maybe it's nothing special, just like all those other times. But as time goes on, theories only get stronger and stronger. Could this finally be it? I sure as hell hope so.
I watched the Opening night stream and the only thing that was revealed from Capcom was a new trailer for Monster Hunter Iceborne.

If Capcom's "World premier" content was just a trailer for DLC that's laready been announced months ago then I'mma punch a goat.
EDIT: I only now noticed the date at the bottom of the image. So yes, the Iceborne trailer was the content in question.

Welp I have no idea when they're gonna announce this alleged RE game, their entire stream schedule is pretty much nothing but MH and Street fighter related stuff. So I guess they're going to do so at TGS? or prior to it? Hard to say. Though I guess it makes sense? Both Revelations and the original OB were announced at TGS years ago. Still a bummer nonetheless.

Neoplasmic

Postby Neoplasmic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Well, bad news for now becuase looks like there won't be Outbreak for a while https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1164857107662819329

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Well, bad news for now becuase looks like there won't be Outbreak for a while https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1164857107662819329
I'm baffled at how they hired surveyors that are that ignorant to their own franchise? I guess one could be blindly optimistic and say that the surveyors are doing that to throw fans off but to downright reject an applicant? I don't see it. Or the guy could be making it up for the lols to start rumors which honestly wouldn't surprise me (*Cough* Resident evil Outbreak:Tall Oaks) But I don't see that being the case, either.

As you said: If the tweet is true then that pretty much put's both of OB's feet in the grave in regards to this "Mystery title" Bummer but not surprised in the slightest.

Herbivore

Postby Herbivore » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:43 am

I'd even settle for Obscure Online... (like the first and 2nd)

AliTheZombie13

Postby AliTheZombie13 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:49 pm

I give 2 bucks how it's gonna be yet another successor to ORC/UC.

Silent Hell

Postby Silent Hell » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:17 am

Everyone go home. It's just monster hunter.

T-King-667

Postby T-King-667 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:25 am

Everyone go home. It's just monster hunter.
Ah but wait! TGS is in less than 2 weeks and Capcom is bound to announce whatever this is prior to it since JP ambassador testing is the 8th and 9th and the event starts on the 10th. Unless if Capcom doesn't care about the fans leaking it prior to the official reveal. Or they have a boat load of trust in their fans.

Either way it's probably rev 3 or some new IP

Return to “News”